Nibiru Cheats and Links
This is the section for commentary about the game that would probably ruin your playing of it, so please go back to the low-spoiler
Nibiru Hints Page if you haven't played the game yet.
If you have, and you still have questions remaining, then read on:
Possible Deaths in Nibiru
Plot Holes in Nibiru
Easter Eggs and Optional Actions
The Backseat Game Designer
Nibiru Death Scenarios
This is an unavoidable spoiler, but there are a limited number of possible deaths in Nibiru, so here's a list:
*You can be shot by "Stasek" in the mines if you don't knock him out in time.
*You can be blown up if you don't neutralize "Stasek's" gas trap in time.
*You can be shot by "Stasek" again if he catches you in his hotel room.
*Or, most creepily, you can be gassed to death by an ancient Mayan trap if you do the math problem incorrectly.
Easter Eggs and Optional Actions
As far as I could tell there are no optional actions in this entire game, but there is one small easter egg: if you examine Barbora's desk carefully, you will
find a "Posel Smrti" box. This is the Czech version of Black Mirror, the second game by the
same developers. :-) This was clearly added for the 2005 re-release, since the 1998 Czech-only original, Posel Bohu, was released before Posel Smrti!
If you were curious, by the way, "SmartWings.net" actually is a real Czech airline... but it's a low-cost regional airline, and definitely does not fly to Mexico City in
real life. :-)
Spoilers: Plot Holes
This plot is sort of one big hole, to be honest. Nothing done by either Martin or "Stasek" makes much sense. Some of this may have been translation issues, but
in the English version at least, the Nibiru prophecy is never even explained, and there's never any reason given for Martin's Mayan quest other than a vague desire
to explore something his dead uncle had been curious about. He doesn't know what the machine is, and neither do we; he doesn't have a plan for what to
do with it once he finds it, and we never even learn what he DID do with it, other than bringing
the ball of melting death back to France to put on his uncle's headstone. Was that the objective of the game? What happened to the alien creature?
So the main plot never got any meaningful resolution at all, in other words, which is about as big a plot hole as a game could have. Along the way, though,
I was left with some other questions as well:
1) Why did the Stasek impostor disappear during the night he and Martin were supposed to break into the mine together? He couldn't possibly have
intentionally failed to show up, knowing that Martin would have to break into the cabin himself (and find the dead body in there!) So where
was he, and why?
2) Why does the locker with the dead body in it start beeping when you open the generator?
3) How did the Stasek impostor get past the soldiers at the end of that chapter, even though they'd been alerted to him? Did he overpower them? Then why on
earth didn't he do that and enter the mine when he first arrived at the camp?
4) Why is the Stasek imposter still "at large" at the beginning of the French chapter??? Didn't Martin bother turning him in? Or
was he supposed to have escaped from police custody? Letting your enemies go free to thwart you another day is something I grudgingly
accept from stupid villains, but not from a hero I'm supposedly controlling myself!
5) What happens to Martin's cellphone? He says it got lost--when? Why?
6) How did Martin survive being shot by "Stasek" in the end, when earlier in the game this was always fatal?
Did the alien inside the machine heal him, or something?
7) What was the stone "Stasek" picked up, and why did it cause him to disintegrate? Why didn't the same stone hurt Martin
when he carried it to the graveyard in the cutscene?
Native American dictionary
Ojibwe symbols and meanings
Go back to Lora's Game Walkthroughs
Back to Lora's Fun Adventure Games homepage
View some beautiful artwork: Native American laughing mask and tribal tattoo pictures
Send me email