Table of Contents
Sway: The Regions Beyond
Cast and Characters
Team roster for Sway
Year Three Character Quotes
Year Three Sunfighter Chronicle
- 1) The Soul Cages
- The newly formed branch of the Trade Heroes’ Guild investigates a problem in their new inoperational flying
fortress, and is ambushed by the Mad Dr. Swank. Taking a psychic journey back in time, they learn the
origin of Malcar and free the tormented souls that powered the Death Scar. People don’t remember Signet.
Max starts getting stupid. First appearances of Endicott, Davis, and Will Ender (among others).
- 2) Nature Of The Beast
- A weirdo avatar joins the team in time for a monstrously powerful psycho to attempt to kill Shilree, and the
Demon Brigade attacks a concert by Death’s Tender Finger. First appearances of Jarth, Zerthimon/George,
Trissia Madyx, Bloodscar, Graceland, and Iellan Tach.
- 3) The Evil Eight
- Schneider (of the Sewer Tour) is abducted by Cynystra. It proves difficult for the soon-to-be-Sway to find a
way to Fey to help Syndriannia. After a meeting with Trissia’s dad, they battle the Cynystran strike force,
the Wild Pack, led by Khyrisse’s dad, Derek the Deranged. When trying to rescue the spoiled brat princess,
they encounter the ‘Evil Eight’, some joe-schmoe jilted heroes. References to a ‘man in a purple hood’ start
to circulate. Internal debate (ahem) leads Tila to leave the party. Debut of Talakan & JC, plus Derek, the
Kid, and the rest of the Wild Pack.
- 4) A Midsummer Dream’s Nightmare
- In the land of the faeries, Jarth slights the King Under The Mountain, which leads to the group getting its
name. They rescue an ancient quasi-Diarian guy, but are unable to prevent the takeover of Fey by Robin
Goodfellow (released by the Sewer Tour in “Glimpses of the Past”). Syndy decides to stay with her mortal
pals. First appearance of Glackniari.
- 5) The Claw
- Praxis tries to convince Tila to return to the party, but they are distracted by a guy who dies with a powerful
artifact while muttering the fateful word “Wyvern.” Assassins prey upon Spectral member, Luthien, who
then proposes to Rhynwa. Magnate is quite concerned about the Claw. Jethro Toleski makes his first
- 6) Wyvern
- After invading a master thief’s bedroom and skirmishing with the Demon Brigade, the group explores the
catacombs of Lianth, formerly occupied by a deranged Diarian, and encounters the Dr. Lecter of Ataniel --
- 7) Desert Storm
- The group travels to the Doomlands, hoping to destroy the Claw. Syndy becomes ill and leaves for parts
unknown. Mysterious monsters and downed spacecraft are discovered. The Claw is disposed of, but Sway
is attacked by Malcar, now in Arcraver’s body, with the former Death Scar in tow. Debut of Zzenith.
- 8) Malcar Wars III: D.O.A.
- Malcar escapes, an old pal of Tila’s shows up and dorky monsters are trashed. The castle flies again courtesy
of a Diarian artifact, the truth about George comes out, and Knighthawke replaces Shilree as head of the
Trade Heroes’ Guild. First appearance of Roxy.
- 9) Behind The Green Door
- After short consideration, Sway quits the THG. Tila leads them on a quest to ‘Duke St. Augustine’s vault’, but
winds up sending them to Hell. The party escapes with the unsavory help of Ariath and Brionwy, who
seems to have an interest in Janther. Shilree informs everyone of Diaria’s plans for the Tarrasque.
- 10) Tarquar Vi Diar
- The campaign’s biggest monster mash pits the Sway against the (fake) Tarasque and the Diari Psi Brigade,
with the Wild Pack thrown in to make things even loopier. Arturian breaks up the fight and captures the
real Tarasque. A Diarian intelligence report lists Luthien as ‘Sway’s most dangerous member’. Arturian
reveals Brionwy’s curse of the Sunfighter. First appearance of Persephone.
- 11) Til Death Do Us Part
- The wedding vows of Luthien and Rhynwa are broken up by the Web, and Luthien is turned into a wight. But
at least it wasn’t as depressing as the priest’s wedding sermon. It is revealed that Wyvern, using Luthien’s
long-lost sister, has been behind the attacks on Spectral. Debut of Belle.
- Interlude #1) Collision Course
- In not exactly whole group events.... Palmer Khan has been teleported to Overlook, Sturtevant, where he
successfully defends the city against Bloodscar’s demons, until the arrival of Blood’s new officer, Ian Jardin,
who leads a successful siege. Palmer escapes, only to run into Javert, who is still pursuing him for the
murder of the lab tech. In Trade, Ian’s sister Inez tries to get the THG to help, but is rebuffed. Endicott
refers her to some friends (who else?). Debut of Inez and Ian Jardin.
- 12) The Demon King
- Max’s brain returns, Trissia’s demon is gone, and the group travels to Sturtevant to battle Bloodscar, and a
reunion with Syndy (now a part of Javert’s team). They learn the history of Bloodscar and his evil wizard
ally Rillat, who gets flushed down the cosmic toilet. Debut of Speardancer.
- 13) The One, True Bloodscar
- Sure, Bloodscar was killed, Ian Jardin was captured, and the demonic menace to Ataniel was thwarted, but
Trillarillia Carraria reveals herself as the force behind Bloodscar, and possesses Syndy. Before fleeing, she
curses the whole group.
- 14) Mourning, Glory
- Returning heroes, but quite dejected, Sway finally defeats the Demon Brigade. Roxy and Trissia leave the
group. Then, in an attempt to lift Brionwy’s curse, Janther is killed. Seven and Johnette (Trissia’s daugher)
also make their first appearances.
- 15) T Ar Siul Age (Carry On For Me)
- Most of Ataniel shows up for Janther’s funeral. The vampire Merwyn is trying to kill Knighthawke, Praxis is in a
coma, and a weirdo teenager shows up. Jarth and George switch bodies, and George begins some changes
in the church of Morvon. First appearance of Kitty.
- 16) Chess Piece Face
- A mysterious painting takes Sway in to the extremely bizarre world of the Black King. They find the Mad Dr.
Swank and clones of themselves. Belle joins the party.
- 17) That Was Now, This Is Then
- After defeating themselves, Sway ultimately checkmates the Black King and gets some wishes. Signet is
rescued (sigh) and the New Significants’ memories return. Luthien is also returned to life in time for the
birth of his son, Gordon Farstalker. He’s never been so happy.
- 18) Holding Out For A Hero
- Morvon’s boss priest is murdered. Travelling to Tobrinel to seek Bloody Mary, Sway meets Inez’s folks and the
heroic Silverblade. Everyone wears goofy costumes, including George’s debut as Brazeel Bat. Teaming up
with Silverblade, our heroes locate Merwyn, a band of supervillains, with Warp and Kimberly. Before much
carnage ensues, cosmic buttinski Rip Hunter takes the somewhat protesting party to 20 years in the future,
a world where Lianth is ruled by the evil Duke, Maxwell Silverhammer (!).
- 19) Time, See What’s Become Of Me
- Lianth’s possible future sucks. Luthien has murdered Rhynwa and Zzenith is a cursed hermit. Endicott leads a
resistance team (including Gordon and Johnette), and Max has turned the city over to the Brotherhood of
Gila. Defeating the Dark Duke, the rebels free stinky dwarf Jork to help, and head home. Debut of the new
Sunfighter - Threnody.
- Interlude #2) The Darkening Of The Light
- Threnody briefly tells of her adventures in alternate futures while trying to make it home, and her struggles
- 20) Who Killed Tolial Seeford
- There’s some strange goings-on in the Church of Morvon, and the new thieves’ guild and the ‘man in the
purple hood’ seem behind it.
- Interlude #3) Under The Hood
- A strangely psionic Hood leader, Venom, forces Tila and Praxis to slug it out. Tila has the last laugh as she
reveals herself to be the real Venom.
- 21) Zero Sum Game
- Travelling to Javin, in the midst of religious war, the Sway discovers the identity of the man in the purple
hood - the one Priestess of Vox left, who has manipulated them for months, including Janther’s death.
By this point, everyone in the group is getting laid except Luthien and Zzenith. After rescuing a friendly
ghost, the castle is stolen by Kynvelyn just before being nuked by Malcar. The team-up no one ever
expected begins as Edyric joins the party. Debut of Kieron Talbot, ghost of a Texas ladies’ man.
- 22) Fear And Loathing In Diaria, Part 1: Travelers And Thieves
- To rescue Lotus, find George’s buddy Frank, and stop Talakan’s plans, Sway infiltrates the really dumb
country of Diaria. Tila steals people’s wallets, Edyric kills lots of them.
- 23) Fear And Loathing In Diaria, Part 2: Deathtrap
- Having located the possible base of the Psi Brigade, Doug uses every trap he can think of, and the party
fights more Diarian dudes. A huge artifact that no one can use is recovered.
- 24) Fear And Loathing In Diaria, Part 3: Quest’s End
- On Magnate’s advice, Sway heads to a remote island where Threnody thwarts Brionwy’s curse. Praxis’ quest
to save Ataniel from psionic doom succeeds, as Talakan dies and the artifact is reclaimed by Psyri, but,
psi-blackout occurs. A Slaad fails to curse us. The real Max returns from space, revealing his evil illithid
doppleganger, whom Thren then ices. Quell also returns. Debut of Max’s earth-babe Savis.
- Interlude #4) The Regions Beyond
- Max tells a bit of his abduction by the Gila guys and his adventures in the regions beyond.
- 25) Fear And Loathing In Diaria, Part 4: Strange Reunions
- Storming a Diarian facility, the Psi Brigade is squashed (even though Malcar escapes...again). Frank is
‘rescued’, Diaria’s secret weapon is stolen by one of Tila’s agents and Praxis uses Roxy’s gun. Lotus is
rescued, too. We meet some Jamaican psionicist, and Trade is just gone, man.
- 26) Wyvern’s World
- Wyvern has slaughtered Luxiphron, moved Trade, defeated Magnate, and captured the Heart of the City on the
Edge of Forever. Forced to fight their buddies, including the revived Janther, Sway emerges victorious with
the help of Knighthawke and Khyrisse. Good triumphs over evil, yea verily.
- Debriefing) When The Sway’s Over
- Cynystra defeats Diaria, Schneider returns, Praxis and Inez become engaged, Trissia goes on the wagon, and
the largest party in campaign history takes place.
Back to "How Stupid Are These Guys, Anyway?"
American Indian homes
Creek Indians of Alabama
Check out Laura's language loss article and personal pages
Check out the Riddle of the Sphinx and other computer game walkthrough pages
Language of the day: Wampanoag