White Wolf of Icicle Creek Game
White Wolf of Icicle Creek Spoilers
White Wolf of Icicle Creek Links and Cheats
The White Wolf of Icicle Creek Walkthrough
Welcome to my White Wolf of Icicle Creek walk-through. (-: If you're new to my series of low-spoiler computer game walkthroughs, the idea is to point players
towards things they might not have tried in each game rather than giving away puzzle solutions or offering step-by-step instructions.
These Nancy Drew games are structured a little differently than most graphic adventure games, though. In particular, you can solve most of the game's puzzles in
any order you feel like, making a chronological walkthrough of little use. The physical area of White Wolf of Icicle Creek is so small that
it makes more sense to use a CRPG-style area guide rather than breaking the game down into chronological chapters.
I've included a checklist of important tasks at the
beginning and one of optional tasks at the end. Note that I don't tell you how to solve any of the puzzles--just where they are. If you've found a puzzle
but just can't seem to get it right no matter what you do, UHS is a good place to go for a
single hint that won't spoil the rest of the game for you.
The White Wolf of Icicle Creek: Key Tasks
If you find yourself getting stuck in the game, keep in mind that plot advancement is often arbitrary.
If nothing is happening, you need to make sure that you have spoken to everyone until they have nothing
more to say, looked around every area to see if there are any objects you haven't noticed,
and used every object in your inventory.
If all those things fail, take a look at this checklist of important tasks you will need to complete to solve the game.
Most of these general tasks have multiple parts which you can solve in any order you feel like, but the order of
the general tasks is pretty linear:
1) Talk to all the NPC's. Repeatedly. Having certain conversations with them is necessary for the plot to progress.
2) Make the beds, do the laundry, and cook three meals a day. You don't actually have to do this at the demanded times
to complete the game, but you will get yelled at and your play will be interrupted frequently if you don't.
3) Shovel the lake.
4) Get caught in an avalanche. (The game will not proceed unless you do this.) Must have finished #3 first.
5) Examine the destroyed bunkhouse and find an item there.
6) Do an errand for Ollie on his snowmobile. Must have finished #4 first.
7) See what has happened in the ice fishing house. Must have finished #6 first, and possibly also #5.
8) Catch a 2-foot pike. Must have finished #7 first.
9) Solve an ice floe puzzle. Must have finished #8 first.
10) Complete a survey from Tino. Must have finished #9 first.
11) Track Isis to the hut and collect information and objects there. Must have finished #10 first.
12) Solve the pipes puzzle to escape from the sauna. Must have finished #11 first.
13) Solve the pyramid puzzle. Must have finished #12 first.
14) Figure out who owns the fossil notebook. Must have finished #11 first.
15) Get the dinosaur bone back. Must have finished all previous steps first. If you can't talk to the person who took the bone
despite already having found the evidence, make sure you have looked at every page in Trapper Dan's journal and examined the
bone impression in the hut in closeup, because the conversation won't trigger until you have done that.
16) Solve the slot machine puzzle. Must have finished #15 first.
17) Get Isis to solve the maze. Must have finished #16 first.
18) Collect all four animal disks. Must have finished #17 first.
19) Win Fox and Geese three times. Must have finished #18 first.
20) Once you've finished all nineteen previous steps, you can enter Trapper John's needle. Solve the final endgame challenge and that's it, you've won!
The White Wolf of Icicle Creek: Area Guide
The White Wolf of Icicle Creek: Optional Actions
*Discovered who slashed Elsa's tires?
*Discovered who broke Lou's window?
*Caught Lupe in a lie?
*Gotten Lupe to explain what happened in the ice fishing house?
*Gotten Chantal to explain her version of how her father acquired the lodge?
*Tried to take Lou's snowshoes?
*Read Julius' diary?
Native American jewelry
British Columbia map
Go back to Lora's computer game walkthroughs
Visit the Storyboard of Ataniel
Read Lora's adventure game reviews
Send me email